My real weblog is inaccessible again. The server's up, but from the customer mailing list I suspect it's a problem with suexec being upgraded. Tsk.
- jarodrussell pointed out CuteMAP, a $20 program for making image maps from the creators of CuteFTP. That'd definitely be worth it if you had to make some image maps and your time were.. like.. worth money.
- I didn't realize you could do
help('modules')and such in the Python shell (by way of Joey deVilla's work blog for Tucows, The Farm).
- The decentralization list is talking about Julian Bond's plan for sucks-least interwebsite authentication. I would like some sort of challenge-response digest, but short of making the browser capable of that, it's not really workable. ('Course maybe if a Firebird extension could do it...)
- Perhaps 2-5x speedups possible in Spam Assassin, plus regex optimizations. (Thanks, mcgroarty.)
- Entering the name of the song for this entry made me remember someone in the Jetball game yesterday was named “SuluMor.” Gah!
Update: McGroarty mentioned the regex thing that makes a deal out of NFA vs DFA, then in AI we talked a tiny bit about forward- and backward-chaining algorithms for inference of Horn clauses in propositional logic, which is related: data-driven vs rule-driven. w00t!