I’m always eager to believe people who tell me I’m smart and creative, but is this Psychology Today article1 some cold reading bullshit or what?
Or as put by the author: “Here are the 10 antithetical traits often present in creative people that are integrated with each other in a dialectical tension.”
- You’re energetic, except when you’re exhausted; you’re sexually charged, except when you’re not.
- You’re smart, but not too smart, and not always.
- You work hard and play hard.
- You’re in the here and now, except when you’re off in your own world.
- You like crowds and company, except when you don’t.
- You crow about your accomplishments, yet you know how much you suck.
- You’re strong, but have a soft side.
- You have enough experience in your area to make what’s good even better.
- You’re both enthusiastic and analytical in your work.
- Your awareness in your area of expertise is a blessing and a curse.
1 It’s gratifying enough I forgot where I got the link before reading it, yet came to a similar conclusion.